Reports to: Creative Director
Strada is looking for a highly creative and skilled, digitally native Designer.
At Strada we believe in design. Design expresses character and allure within a brand space. It may be executed with wit and whimsy; or precision and acuity. The designer at Strada helps to codify the visual language of a campaign or brand; manifest it conceptually through innovative visual executions and impeccable craft through all marketing channels. The ideal candidate is someone native to digital, meticulous about craft, with insatiable curiosity — a conceptual, collaborative creative with a passion for the creative process. The ideal collaborator is someone who thrives in a deadline-driven environment, a relentless problem solver, and embraces and contributes toward Strada company values: curious, collaboration, adaptable and responsible.
The role of Designer at Strada is to provide excellence within design craft through: typography, imagery, color, motion and a strong sensibility for small-to-medium-sized executions (be it a social post or tactile brochure). The Designer provides innovation, trend reference and inspiration to brand development and larger support to the art department — consistently pushing the work through design, providing skill and execution excellence across agency deliverables.
Projects include all things digital: content development, animation and motion graphic executions, video editing, social media posts, eblasts, websites, social ads, display ads, etc. Plus, all things traditional: print ads, collateral (high-end brochures, booklets, folders, flyers, handouts, direct mail), signage, outdoor, environmental, etc.
- Collaborative mindset, engaged in the process and outcome.
- Takes direction and constructive feedback well.
- Can manage themselves and workload proficiently and independently.
- Present creative work confidently and compellingly.
- Conscientious about budget criteria and deadlines.
- Motivated by doing the right thing for the client/brand/Strada (versus his/her own portfolio).
- A good teammate. Work closely with account and creative teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong command of craft and trends within content development.
- Depth and versatility in digital, traditional and motion mediums.
- Execute fresh, strong design solutions based on direction from art directors, associate creative directors, and creative directors. Primarily works within existing brands with occasional opportunities to contribute to new brands.
- Able to work with projects at any stage in the creative process: revisions to existing projects; repetitive/templated projects; special projects.
- Align and implement design with brand guidelines with a strong ability to enhance the design and execution.
- Proficiency in the execution of production-ready files.
- Basic understanding of printing techniques, trends and mediums.
- Assist with monitoring all assigned projects through all levels of production to execution; ensuring all deadlines are met, and meeting business and client objectives.
- Review internal and vendor proofs for brand design intent and adherence to brand standards and guidelines.
- A digital native with 2-5 years of graphic design experience in a professional environment or comparable position.
- Technically advanced in graphic design.
- Ability to command different visual styles/tones using current/latest creative software.
Some evening and weekend work may be required. Occasional travel.
Health insurance (medical, dental, vision), Short-term disability insurance, 401k eligibility, Paid Time Off (PTO)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity, and selection decisions will be based on job-related factors.
Please send your resume and electronic portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short explanation of something that has inspired you recently. Only qualified candidates will be considered.