Freelance Web Developer
Freelance role: Per project and/or contract
Reports to: Digital Design Director
Strada is a Denver-based creative agency specializing in branding, marketing and placemaking. That means we not only develop and guide brands for places such as reinvigorated downtown districts, emerging communities and, in some cases, whole new regions, we actually have a hand in creating the places themselves. It’s diverse, exciting, meaningful work. So with every position, we look for people who share our love of culture and community, our desire to make a real difference and perhaps most of all our spirit of fun, creativity and hard work. Or as we like to say: be true, have fun and do the unexpected.
One other thing you should know about us … Strada is currently a WFA (work from anywhere), remote-first company, which gives team members the opportunity to choose how and when to meet and work in the office.
- Work closely with the Creative and Account teams to help solve clients business objectives and deliver a great web experience.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Oversee all launch requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Expert in WordPress and CMS integration with experience designing and developing responsive websites.
- Experience implementing micromovements and animation to bring design to life.
- Use frameworks/extensions when appropriate and/or necessary (SASS/SCSS, Jquery, Bootstrap).
- Using Task Runners and Build tools like Grunt, Gulp and Webpack to make builds easier.
- Identify system and plugin requirements for new websites.
- Ability to evaluate emerging technologies with strategic recommendation for Strada and our clients.
- Mobile integration and UX sensibilities.
- Overall design sensibilities.
- Understanding of Hubspot and various CRM’s.
- Certification in Analytics/Tag Manager a plus.
- Experience Coding HTML emails a plus.
- Develop methods to create and utilize reusable components, including design specifications for art directors.
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks like Vue, React and Angular a plus.
- Back-end development.
- An understanding of the ADA & WCAG compliance requirements.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short explanation of what inspires you about this position.