Reports to: Creative Director
Wanted: one really good writer. Specifically, a mid- to senior-level copywriter. A thinker and a strategist. An inspiring creative collaborator. A solid presenter. And someone with editorial, journalism and storytelling panache. Someone to help make us better than we are. Are you that person? Is that too much to ask? We hope not.
A little about Strada: We live in the world of placemaking. We create identities, marketing strategies and stories for places across the continental U.S., Hawaii and Mexico — across multiple media platforms — often before those places exist on the land. Communities, urban infills, resort properties, and so much more — sometimes we help inspire the places themselves. We shepherd these places into existence and into subsequent stages of evolution, some of them over many years. And at this intersection of place, culture and everyday human life, we find the opportunity and the need for exceptional storytelling.
- Be a strong creative asset to the agency.
- Think strategically and conceptually. And write with economy, precision and purpose. With humanity and a touch of humor that rewards and delights the reader. Or the listener. Or the viewer. And has them coming back for more.
- Lead and assist in strategy and insight development.
- Bring fresh insight to the positioning and expression of a brand.
- Present creative work to a client confidently and compellingly. Earn their trust.
- Be a good teammate. Play well with others. Show the capacity to lead.
- Concept and develop/write print campaigns, website, social, content, outdoor, radio, video, collateral and visitor environments for a select group of clients – in collaboration with an art director.
- Establish brand character and voice.
- Express and help craft brand strategy and frameworks.
- Explore and present multiple solutions.
- Direct radio and video productions.
- Provide team direction; inspire great work.
- Be a creative resource to others.
- Work closely with account team.
- Work closely with art directors.
- Present our work and build close working relationships with clients.
- 8+ years copywriting experience (agency experience required)
- Proficient in various writing mediums
- Quick study
- Exceptional reasoning, writing and speaking skills; with creative director sensibilities
- Detail-oriented; exceptional proofreading and editing skills
- Passionate … but not possessive
- Flexible and adaptable; willingness to dive in where needed
- Curiosity about deeper story and context
- Storytelling, in various forms and lengths
- A strong student of the craft of writing and versed in the full range of today’s media and channels
- Seasoned ability to proof and edit work for accuracy, brand standards, intent and voice
- Takes direction and constructive feedback well
- Disciplined self-management, able to balance workload and keep multiple projects moving forward
- Presents work clearly and confidently
- Excited to explore the possibilities and yet conscientious about budget criteria and deadlines
- Motivated to do right by the client/brand/Strada (versus personal portfolio)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to both work both collaboratively and independently
- Reviews internal and vendor proofs for brand design intent and adherence to brand standards and guidelines
- Technology savvy: ability to work in G-Suite
- Broad exposure to literature, film, travel (useful acquired knowledge base)
Some evening and weekend work may be required. Occasional travel.
If you’re interested in freelance (with the ability to transition to full time), or interested in a full time position, please send your résumé and online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short description of what inspires you.
- Hourly rates and/or salary rates will range depending on skill and experience.
Flexible and Remote Work Policy
We are open to candidates living outside the greater Denver market. This is on a case-by-case basis subject to the team member, candidate, job function and expectations. It is ideal to have our team close.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity, and selection decisions will be based on job-related factors.