Account Operations Specialist
Reports to: Account Director
Strada is a Denver-based creative agency specializing in branding, marketing and placemaking. That means we not only develop and guide brands for places such as reinvigorated downtown districts, emerging communities and, in some cases, whole new regions, we actually have a hand in creating the places themselves. It’s diverse, exciting, meaningful work. So with every position, we look for people who share our love of culture and community, our desire to make a real difference and perhaps most of all our spirit of fun, creativity and hard work. Or as we like to say: be true, have fun and do the unexpected.
One other thing you should know about us … Strada is currently a WFA (work from anywhere), remote-first company, which gives team members the opportunity to choose how and when to meet and work in the office.
Full-time, 40+ hours per week, based in the Denver Metro area
We are seeking an operations-minded team player that will primarily support the Account Services Department with media traffic management, client billing and overall account support. The work requires a person who is meticulously organized, insanely detail-oriented, able to process a lot of input and at the same time produce quality output, all while operating in a deadline-driven environment. If you’re right for the position, you’re someone who loves working with creative people and supporting the creative process. You’re collaborative, flexible, an agile thinker and a proactive communicator with a healthy dose of assertiveness. Your interactions will primarily be with in-house staff along with occasional client communication.
Roles and responsibilities
- Supports account teams in managing client media traffic and deliverables. Includes anticipating deadlines, opening jobs, creating spec sheets, working with account managers on the creative assignment, managing production and internal approvals, and trafficking final deliverables. Also includes reaching out to media vendors and partners to procure specs and, as needed, deadline extensions.
- Supports the account services department in preparing for and managing the monthly billing process in the following ways: pulling billing reports, populating billable projects, coordinating reviews with COO, entering data into Workamajig workflow management software, coordinating with accounting to prepare and proof invoice drafts and close projects once final billed.
- For approved invoices, completes all necessary budget trackers for clients and provides them to the account teams to send.
- Expenses: On a monthly basis, proactively reminds the team to submit their expense reports and vendor invoices.
- Looks for opportunities to help optimize and evolve the billing process in collaboration with the Account Director and Accounting Department.
Timesheets & Productivity Reports
- Timesheets: Rallies team and supports monthly billing by ensuring that all in-house staff and freelancer timesheets are entered in a timely fashion. Executes approvals in Workamajig.
- Helps COO/Account Director populate quarterly productivity reports and any other reports as needed throughout the year.
- Enters weekly timesheet data for COO.
- Supports COO in entering monthly Agency Fee billing actuals into a standing report.
- Quality assurance: a go-to, fresh set of eyes for proofing presentations, new business proposals, websites, landing pages, print projects, etc. across all accounts.
- When needed, supports the account team in managing promotional or overflow project deliverables.
- Supports the updating and maintenance of Strada’s master contact list in Mailchimp. Assists in the creation of a clean contact database (de-duping, scrubbing, amending, existing contacts) and leading the addition of new contacts and their associated tags.
- Works with travel agency (Corporate Traveler) to organize travel arrangements for CEO, COO and occasionally other team members within the organization.
- Provides support to CEO/COO/Account Services Department to prep and support in-office client meetings including coordinating lunches and overall hospitality experience.
- Supports COO to procure gifts and meal deliveries for clients and internal team members
- 3-5+ years of applicable experience in agency and/or corporate marketing
- G-Suite experience required with strong knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience in Workamajig or a similar project management tool a plus
- Familiarity with CRMs and WordPress CMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills required
- Strong communication skills required
Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Salary range commensurate with skills and experience:
Health insurance (medical/dental/vision); Short-term disability insurance; 401k eligibility; Paid Time Off (PTO); Year-end bonus potential based on company performance
We know that sometimes the “perfect candidate” doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our team members can succeed. As such, Strada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
Please send your resume to email@example.com along with a short explanation of what
inspires you about this position.